Our Capacity, Building and Innovation team is looking for a Business Analyst to join them! Are you looking for a new challenge? This role would have you will undertake the transition of ICTC’s current WIL Digital Case Management System to Campus Connect. You will be responsible as lead on this project to seek to understand the problems and goals, analyze needs and solutions, devise change strategies, drive change, collaborate with stakeholders and also advise on improving efficiency and effectiveness. Does the idea of partnering with Magnet and Orbis Communications, link the Magnet and Orbis technology platforms for the purposes of facilitation of Work Integrated Learning placements and data collection? Then apply today to join the amazing team!
What will you be doing?
- Working with ICTC internal stakeholders in gathering business requirements for data migration needs.
- Working across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
- Working with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
- In collaboration with Magnet and Survey Monkey Apply, preparing data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Monitoring potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Ensuring the best practices are met in terms of processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Performing source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping.
- Ensuring the data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting has been accomplished within best practices.
- Gathering, defining and documenting business and solution requirements for enhancements and migration to Campus Connect
- Analyzing systems and procedures, process design and modelling, and documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ assessments for an improved operating model
- creating User Stories working closely with the WIL Team as well as Orbis/Magnet Product Owner
- Conducting workshops and interviews
- Managing stakeholders and working collaboratively with the WIL teams to deliver high-quality solutions that meet client and user business needs
- Completing Business Architecture reviews and defining Business Architecture strategy
- Archiving of WIL Digital applications on Survey Monkey Apply.
- Developing and leading the change management process including Vision Alignment; Engagement; Communication; Change Impact and Readiness; Training; Organization Design; Monitoring, Evaluation & Feedback.
- Utilizing program participant’s and employer’s information from CRM data and customer research to understand trends and opportunities
- Undertaking market analysis/modelling, portfolio metric reporting, and operational support related to the firm/team’s strategy
- Providing analytical support to all aspects of the program management process
- Providing operational insights to achieve key performance indicators
- Summarizing insights from analysis and clearly communicating analytical findings in a cohesive story, and articulate an argument to be presented to executives
- Providing leadership to teams and cross-functional teams on the execution of implementation, work plan, or other strategic initiatives.
- Documenting and ensuring ICTC’s WIL program staff’s requirements including Outreach, Admin and Finance are met by Magnet’s platform Campus Connect
- In collaboration with ICTC’s WIL program staff and Magnet team, planning and ensuring a smooth transition of case management from Survey Monkey Apply to Campus Connect.
- In the event, that data migration from Survey Monkey Apply to Campus Connect platform will not be required, proposing and planning a solution for ICTC’s data migration for back up a reason from Survey Monkey Apply, this includes data of ICTC’s WIL program and other programs that are in Survey Monkey Apply (if applicable).
- Ensure sufficient training has been provided to ICTC’s WIL staff on Campus Connect platform.
Do you have the following knowledge?
- Verbal and written proficiency in French.
- Processes modelling
- A good understanding of database concepts is a great skill for all business analysts.
- Good use of reporting tools, BI and reporting mechanisms, etc.
- Experience using various techniques such as mind map to explore details about a particular situation or solution and elaborate on a concept.
- Understanding of networks, databases, and other technology
- Knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and program development.
- Knowledge of and experience with Case Management Systems, Learning Management Systems, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience in successfully managing clients through the change process
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, and ambitious timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Software Engineering Methodologies like SDLC e.g. Agile/Scrum
What we are looking for!
- Business Analyst degree or diploma, or Business Management degree or equivalent in related areas
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Excellent Analytical thinking and ability to Problem Solve.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity.
- High attention to detail, with strong administration, documentation and reporting skills
- Flair for technology like OOPS, Database concepts
- Ability to undertake stakeholder analysis.
- Strong consultative and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience working in the ICT industry.
- Experience working on government-funded and community-based projects.
- Ethical: Can you work with confidential information, as this role requires a high level of integrity, sound judgement/confidentiality and ethical compliance.
- Dependable: Do you have a high degree of reliability, organization and accountability, in order to meet project/funder deliverable requirements?
- Agile: Are you open to change, constantly evolving requirements, ongoing feedback focusing on quality and possessing the ability to work with agile teams across Canada?
- Natural Leader: Do you innovate? Do you look at determining a way forward where there may be no guiding precedent, working with ambiguity, planning and evaluating own work with little supervision, and identifying opportunities to advance ICTC’s mandate?
- Driven / Creative: Do you have a strong capacity for self-motivation, initiative, and a desire to exceed expectations?
- Collaborative: Are you able to work with and through others in order to achieve results? Do you have the ability to understand others’ needs and perspectives, share information, communicate updates in order and contribute effectively to help the team reach is goals?
- Professional: Are you able to present yourself and ICTC in a professional manner, maintaining composure and holding a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic?
- Continuous Learner: Do you have a commitment to professional development, a desire to understand ICT trends and the key factors driving change across all industries?
- Champion for Diversity and Inclusion: Do you have a commitment to diversity and inclusion and an understanding of the issues and challenges faced by diverse groups in order to contribute to a fair and equitable working environment?
- An entrepreneurial organization committed to ensuring Canada’s competitive advantage in a digital economy.
- Fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- On occasion, some travel may be required (~25%).
- 6-month term with benefits, paid vacation/ personal time and RRSP contribution.
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is a not-for-profit national centre of expertise for the digital economy. We are the trusted source for evidence-based policy advice, forward-looking research, and creative capacity-building programs for the digital economy.
- OUR MISSION IS TO: Strengthen Canada’s digital advantage in a global economy
- OUR VISION IS TO: Foster globally competitive Canadian industries and a prosperous society empowered by innovative digital solutions.
ICTC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
ICTC respectfully acknowledges that ICTC headquarters is on the ancestral and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg People.