Media and Stakeholder Relations Specialist
Do you love creating media content? Prepping news releases? Arranging photo ops? Is building and establishing relationships with key media personalities across Canada on your dream job list? If so, this role may be the one you have been waiting to apply for!
In this role you will tasked and empowered to:
- Manage and maintaining public relations assets such as media lists, media monitoring reports and editorial calendars
- Disseminating and pitching media content (interview requests, reports, events)
- General web site updates and disseminating/posting/distributing emails, blogs, press releases and other electronic communications
- Creating basic graphics and design elements for flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Training on and operation of media relations platform (Meltwater)
- Coordinating and producing internal and external newsletters – content creation, curation, promotion
- Managing social media schedule and content
- Attending events to manage and direct media participation and generate social media content in the forms of posts, livestream video, reposting attendee social media mentions, etc.
- Light translation duties mostly in the form of issuing bilingual social media content
Your every day will have you working with text and graphics created utilising numerous tool such as: Office Suite, various photo editing software, WordPress and other WYSIWYG web tools. Your content of communications will be sourced from internal and external stakeholders by means of oral and written communications, as well as online research. Dissemination of material includes online publication, email and voice communications.
You will have the chance to work collaboratively with all levels of the ICTC team, with frequently changing priorities and be responsible for juggling multiple deliverables! We like to keep you on your toes!
This new role will be reporting to the Chief, Strategic Outreach Officer, check out his profile: Kevin Wennekes!
Do you have the following essential Qualifications?
- Excellent ability to synthesize information and write quickly and creatively, with a minimum of editing required for grammar, clarity or professional tone
- Ability to fluently communicate both written and orally in French and English
- Working knowledge of the Office suite (including spreadsheets and presentations), photo editing software, WYSIWYG/WordPress, HTML, web tools, social media networks, simple web analytics
- Demonstrated understanding and practices around professional media relations engagement strategies
- Confident and progressive posture/attitude when dealing with the media
- Excellent understanding of social media applications, analytics, and best practices
- Personable team player, multi-tasker, ability to work with minimal supervision, entrepreneurial, self-starter, creative thinker, superior interpersonal and external relations practices/attitudes
Perhaps you have some of these asset Qualifications?
- Proficiency with graphics software
- Experience in public relations/journalism
- Experience organizing events both in physical and virtual environments
- Experience maintaining networks of stakeholders
- Experience working with platforms such as Meltwater, MailChimp, Salesforce, Office 365, Canva, Photoshop
- Writing in Canadian Press Style
- Adept at working with peripherals such as webcams, videoconferencing equipment, projectors, video/photography equipment
- Familiarity with/experience working in a not-for-profit operating environment
- Large, nationally-mandated and entrepreneurial not-for-profit organization
- Fast-paced organization
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Occasional evening and weekend hours for local Ottawa events
- Rare travel for events outside of Ontario
- Joining a tight-knit team of consummate professional communicators